Psychology is the science of the mind and behavior. The word "psychology" comes from the Greek word psyche meaning "breath, spirit, soul", and the Greek word logia meaning the study of something.
American Psychological Association
1. Develop an understanding of the major core concepts and theories of psychology.
2. Learn the basic skills of psychological research.
3. Apply psychological concepts to their own lives.
4. Build reading, writing, and discussion skills.
5. Learn about the ethical standards governing the work of psychologists.
6. Develop critical thinking skills.
7. Demonstrate and understanding of differences in individual and group behavior.
Treatment of Psychological Disorders